PACKAGES – AT4 CarbonPro Edition Package – What does it include?
The GMC Sierra AT4 demonstrates style and sophistication with its exterior that continues into the interior.
Enhance the AT4 even further by adding the AT4 CarbonPro Edition Package.
The AT4 CarbonPro Package Includes:
- CarbonPro (Carbon Fibre Composite) Bed
- AT4 Premium Package
- LT275/65R18C MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires
- 6″ Black rectangular assist steps,
- 20″ machined aluminum with Carbon Grey Metallic accents wheels.
- Included in the AT4 Premium Package is the AT4 Preferred Package
- Universal Home Remote
- rear sliding power window
- 8″ diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment with navigation
- Bose Premium Audio System
- Wireless Charging
- Also included in the AT4 Premium Package is the Driver Alert Package I
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Lane Change Alert
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The package features some amazing options, but the one that really stands out is the all-new CarbonPro Bed
The CarbonPro bed began production in early June and is available on the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 and Denali trim levels. The bed made a limited debut for the 2019 model year of the Sierra, but will be more widely available in the 2020 model year build.
This all new truck bed boasts some exciting features and was subjected to some serious testing to ensure its longevity and utility
According to the GMC website, some benefits of the CarbonPro bed include:
- Strength, durability and scratch resistance: The carbon fiber composite material provides the most scratch, dent and corrosion-resistant pickup bed in the industry.
- Corrosion-resistance: Carbon fiber composite naturally resists corrosion, helping the bed withstand weathering and maintain a premium appearance over the life of the truck.
- Reduced weight: The CarbonPro bed weighs 25 percent less than a traditional steel bed, removing roughly 60 pounds of vehicle mass. Its grained surface also removes the need for bed liners, potentially saving further vehicle mass.
- More volume: The CarbonPro bed design enables best-in-class cargo volume, increasing the already class-leading volume of the Sierra’s roll-formed steel bed by 1 cubic foot.
- More functionality: The CarbonPro bed features indentations specifically designed for tires of dirt and street bikes. Two additional tie-down locations are also installed at the front of the bed.
The CarbonPro bed was subjected to some intense validation testing to ensure long-term durability that will stand up to years of wear and tear. Some of these tests included:
- Drop tests: Large and heavy loads were repeatedly dropped on the CarbonPro bed to replicate extreme use scenarios. Test materials included cinder blocks, 1800-pound loads of gravel and 450-pound water-filled steel drums that were dropped from varying heights.
- Corrosion test: CarbonPro was subjected to corrosion testing but carbon fiber composite is naturally resistant to corrosion.
- Snowmobile test: A snowmobile with metal studs on the track was driven into the bed, accelerated at full throttleand presented minimal scratching on the bed.
- Extreme temperature testing: Validation work was performed in Yuma, Arizona, and Kapuskasing, Ontario, to help ensure CarbonPro can hold up in unforgiving environments.
- Generator test: High heat exposure involved aiming the exhaust from a portable generator directly at the corner of the bed. This test was to ensure that heat and vibration would not degrade the bed.
This package adds a number of impressive features including the all new CarbonPro Bed that will last the lifetime of the truck and then some. Upgrade your AT4 with the CarbonPro Edition Package, we promise you won’t regret it