2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV Features and Highlights
The Chevrolet Blazer was among the most dominant rugged and off-road-ready platforms of the 20th century. Our manufacturing partner is doing the hard work of updating the Blazer to meet the requirements of buyers for the 21st century. Chevrolet officially pulled back the curtain on some features and highlights of the 2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV on July 18th. To say we were impressed with what we saw would be underselling it. The 2024 Blazer will be available in a broad range of trim grades that will be combined with the manufacturer’s latest electric vehicle technology. Let’s take a closer look at a few things we can expect to see when it goes on sale.
READ MORE: Chevrolet Introduces an Equinox EV
“The 2024 Blazer EV sets a new tone for electric SUVs, with options and intuitive technologies that help position Chevrolet for leadership in one of the fastest-growing EV segments,” Scott Bell, vice president of Chevrolet, said in a press release. “Along with the all-new Silverado EV and Equinox EV coming next year, we are making great strides in offering more choices for zero tailpipe-emissions vehicles — choices that make switching to an EV easier than ever.”
Performance Estimates for the 2024 Blazer EV
We are still about a year away from the new Chevy electric crossover SUV’s on-sale date, slated for summer 2023. Chevrolet hasn’t released a full spec sheet outlining the platform’s full capability. However, they have shared a few interesting highlights:
- The Blazer EV SS model will be able to produce up to 557 horsepower and 648 pound-feet of torque.
- It can produce a 0-96 km/h time of less than four seconds.
- A fully-charged Blazer EV RS will be able to travel up 515 km.
Depending on the equipment included with the vehicle and the available charging infrastructure, the 2024 Blazer EV’s battery can absorb up to 125 km of range in about 10 minutes.
2024 Chevy Blazer EV Tech Highlights
Every 2024 Chevy Blazer EV that is coming to the Ernie Dean GM showroom will use the automaker’s Ultium battery technology. Complete performance and range information will be available closer to the electric SUV’s launch date. In the meantime, our team wanted to highlight some of the interesting tech features that will be available with the newest Chevy EV.
- Find Public Charging Stations: Drivers will be able to use the MyChevrolet app to locate the nearest public charging station.
- Regenerative Braking: Engineers have employed a system to capture energy that would otherwise be wasted when hitting the brake pedal. Instead, that energy can be rerouted to charge the battery system.
- Next-Gen Liftgate: When someone has the electric SUV’s key fob on them, they will be able to open the liftgate hands-free while standing at the back of the Blazer.
- Available Super Cruise: Some trims will come with the semi-autonomous Super Cruise system that can take limited control of the vehicle on properly marked highways across Canada and the United States.
This just scratches the surface of what the 2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV will have to offer. We will share more information about this exciting new vehicle platform as it becomes available. Be sure to check back often. If you like what you have already learned, make an appointment with an Ernie Dean GM product expert to start the pre-ordering process, today.