2021 GMC Canyon in Alliston, ON
The 2021 GMC Canyon proves that a truck can be luxurious and ruggedly off-road-ready at the same time, in a midsize pickup that’s primed for any adventure. Across its 4 trims, 3 engines of terrific power, efficiency and trailering, alongside countless all-terrain features, the Canyon provides a new level of modern truck prowess. Come experience Truckville here at Ernie Dean in Alliston, where we specialize in new and used pickups like the GMC Canyon. Build and price your own, learn more about its features and specs below and find your very own 2021 GMC Canyon to tackle your next journey, from the city to the country.
Exterior Design & Features
Top-Level Denali Style
The synonymous trim level of GMC, the iconic Denali presents a top tier Canyon pickup that delivers the ultimate in its signature style.
- 18-inch wheels
- Body-colour grille & surround, black inserts
- Redesigned & sculpted grille
- Exclusive wheels
- Chrome accents
- 5-inch Chrome Assist steps
- Spray-on bedliner
- Denali logos
Luxurious AT4 Trim
You want a truck that can get tough work done while still looking incredibly sophisticated? Explore the dynamic and bold AT4 Canyon trim, with a host of can’t-miss features.
- 17-inch wheels
- Goodyear Wrangler 31-inch Duratrac tires
- Black chrome grille, grille surround
- Red recovery hooks
- LED signature lighting
Cargo Bed Functionality
Your cargo bed on the Canyon comes with a host of utility for hauling and rugged work needs. The EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate opens and closes with minimal effort, and can be locked or unlocked through the key fob. Spray-on bedliner increases the durability of the bed with a non-skid surface, while accessory tie downs help you stabilize your cargo from its 13 different anchor points.
|Dimensions:||Canyon AT4 (Crew Cab, Short Box)||Canyon AT4 (Crew Cab, Long Box)|
|Length (mm/in)||5,395 / 212.4||5,705 / 224.6|
|Width (without mirrors) (mm/in)||1,887 / 74.3||1,887 / 74.3|
|Height (mm/in)||1,793 / 70.6||1,791 / 70.5|
|Wheelbase (mm/in)||3,259 / 128.3||3,569 / 140.5|
|Cargo Box Length (on floor) (mm/in)||1,567 / 61.7||1,880 / 74.0|
|Cargo Box Width (on floor) (mm/in)||1,468 / 57.8||1,468 / 57.8|
|Ground Clearance (mm/in)||208 / 8.2||206 / 8.1|
|Cargo Volume (L)||1,169||1,413|
|Curb Weight (kg/lbs)||1,785 / 3,936||1,887 / 4,160|
|Max. Payload Capacity (kg/lbs)||936 / 2,064||835 / 1,840|
Trim Exterior Feature Comparison
|20-inch Diamond Cut Aluminum Wheels||--||--||--||Standard|
|18-inch Black-painted Aluminum Wheels||Standard||Standard||--||--|
|17-inch Dark Argent Metallic Cast Aluminum Wheels||--||--||Standard||--|
|LED Fog Lamps||--||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Front Red Recovery Hooks||--||--||Standard||--|
|Front Recover Hooks||Standard||Standard||--||Standard|
|5-inch Rectangular Chrome Assist Steps||--||--||--||Standard|
|Extended Cab, Short Bed Length (mm/in)||1,880 / 74.0||--||--||--|
|Extended Cab, Long Bed Length (mm/in)||1,880 / 74.0 (2WD or 4WD)||1,880 / 74.0 (2WD)||--||--|
|Crew Cab, Short Bed Length (mm/in)||1,567 / 61.7 (2WD)||1,567 / 61.7 (2WD or 4WD)||1,567 / 61.7||1,567 / 61.7|
|Crew Cab, Long Bed Length (mm/in)||--||1,880 / 74.0 (4WD)||1,880 / 74.0||1,880 / 74.0|
Interior Design & Features
Spacious Canyon Interior
The Canyon may be a midsize pickup, but it still feels incredibly spacious for both you, your passengers and your gear. The Crew Cab size is found on every Canyon trim, easily seating 5, and adding on a bevy of storage options including a rear-fold split bench, under-seat storage and an inviting centre console. Not only that, but it stays quiet wherever your journey takes you, thanks to triple door seals, an inlaid door design, shear-style body mounts and a liquid-applied sound deadener.
With a truck as elegantly crafted as the Canyon is it’s no surprise that it only features the best of premium materials across its trims that find home inside its cabin.
- High Elevation: The Canyon High Elevation interior package features both a heated steering wheel and heated leather-appointed front seats, along with driver power lumbar control.
- AT4: For the AT4, enjoy the available leather-appointed front seats, finished with gorgeous AT4 logo embroidered head restraints. Its Jet Black/Kalahari colour is perfect for off-roading prowess.
- Denali: The Denali has interior detailing down to the finest elements. The perforated leather-appointed front seats come with distinct stitching and an exclusive Ash-Wood trim.
|Dimensions:||Canyon AT4 Crew Cab|
|Front Headroom (mm/in)||1,052 / 41.4|
|Rear Headroom (mm/in)||973 / 38.3|
|Front Legroom (mm/in)||1,143 / 45.0|
|Rear Legroom (mm/in)||909 / 35.8|
|Front Shoulder Room (mm/in)||1,460 / 57.5|
|Rear Shoulder Room (mm/in)||1,427 / 56.2|
|Front Hip Room (mm/in)||1,397 / 55.0|
|Rear Hip Room (mm/in)||1,354 / 53.3|
Trim Interior Feature Comparison
|Leather-appointed Front Seats||--||Available||Available||Standard|
|Leather-appointed Front Seats||--||--||--||Standard|
|Heated Front Seats||--||Available||Standard||Standard|
|6-way Power Driver Seat Adjuster||--||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|4-way Power Driver Seat Adjuster||Standard||--||--||--|
|Power Driver Lumbar Control||--||Available||Standard||Standard|
|Soft Touch Instrument Panel||--||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Premium Denali Floor Mats||--||--||--||Standard|
|Bose Premium Audio System||--||Available||Available||Standard|
GMC Canyon Image Gallery
Performance & Capability
Power comes in many different shapes and sizes with the 3 different engines available on the Canyon. Each engine, whether gas or diesel, presents their own combination of performance, efficiency and ability to tow. Max towing capacity reaches 7,700 lbs, all thanks to the Turbo-Diesel’s high-powered engine and applicable Driver Alert and Trailering packages.
The Canyon has so many ways to get a job done, with a host of capable features ready to help you in your tough work duties at any time.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: This system enhances your trailer brake, along with the Diesel Exhaust Brake system that cuts down on braking when towing or going downhill.
- Automatic Locking Rear Differential: Improving traction on slippery or unstable surfaces through the locking of the rear wheels and sending power where it’s needed.
- Duralife Brake Rotors: When you need to brake, these high-performance brakes act fast and maintain a corrosion-resistant build.
- StabiliTrak, with Trailer Sway Control: Stability is increased through the detection of traction loss to keep you on the path you need to be on.
AT4 Off-Road Features
The AT4 Canyon is specifically designed for your off-road needs, with a bountiful amount of features, systems and packages to help you dominate the roads less travelled.
- Off-Road Suspensions Package: Improve the AT4’s off-road potential with this vital suspension package.
- Off Advanced Hill Descent Control System: Drive seamlessly down hills and rough terrain with its anti-lock braking.
- Transfer Case Shield: Rocks and debris underneath are protected against thanks to the underbody 2-speed Autotrac Transfer Case.
- 31-inch Goodyear DuraTrac Tires: Coming standard on the trim, easily conquer rugged terrain with these large performers.
|Specifications:||2.5L I4 Gas (standard)||3.6L V6 Gas (available)||2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel (late avail.)|
|Max. Trailering Capacity (kg/lbs)||1,588 / 3,500||3,175 / 7,000||3,493 / 7,700|
|Elevation Standard||Standard 2WD||Available||--|
Capability Feature Comparison
|31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Tires||--||--||Standard||--|
|Hill Descent Control||--||--||Standard||--|
|Transfer Shield Case||--||--||Standard||--|
|2-speed Autotrac Transfer Case||Standard 4WD||Standard 4WD||Standard||Standard 4WD|
|Automatic Locking Rear Differential||Available||Available||Standard||Standard|
|Off-Road Suspension Package||--||--||Standard||--|
8-Inch GMC Infotainment System
Your favourite entertainment and all of your navigation needs find themselves home in this available 8-inch diagonal GMC infotainment system. For further connection to the outside world, a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot is available.
High Definition Rear Vision Camera
Whether you’re examining your surroundings off-road, backing up to a trailer or reversing into a parking space, this HD Rear Vision camera gives you a crisp view of what’s behind you, complete with a dynamic single line for perfect alignment.
Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
Connect your phone with the ease of either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, so you can stay linked up to your favourite apps and utilize it all through the hands-free functionality.
Rear Park Assist
Distance alerts via the Rear Park Assist will be your best friend when parking, letting you know if you’re getting too close to objects like vehicles when in reverse.
Lane Departure Warning
Sometimes it may be hard to tell or notice if you’re drifting a bit in your lane, but with Lane Departure Warning the Canyon will alert you so you can quickly re-adjust.
Forward Collision Warning
If your pickup detects a possible impending collision the system will alert you so you can make a swift action and avoid it. The system will also alert you if you’re tailgating someone too closely.
What’s New From the 2020 GMC Canyon?
Updates were seen across the main Canyon trims from 2020, most notably with the Denali and AT4. The Denali has been refreshed, specifically with its front-end made to more closely resemble the Sierra, while interior features have been updated as well. The AT4 trim has been upgraded for more increased off-road tulity, with speciality tires, suspension, locking limited-slip differential and more for a true all-terrain experience.
2021 Canyon Model Trims
Starting From Prices are for the Crew Cab, Short Box.
Elevation Standard (2WD only)Starting at $29,998*
- 18-inch black-painted aluminum wheels
- Body-colour grille surround
- LED fog lamps (available)
- High Elevation package (available)
ElevationStarting at $40,598*
- 18-inch black-painted aluminum wheels
- LED Fog lamps (available)
- Driver Alert package (available)
- High Elevation package (available)
AT4Starting at $41,898*
- 4WD, with Automatic Locking Rear Differential
- Off-road suspension package
- LED fog lamps
- Wireless charging (available)
DenaliStarting at $49,098*
- 20-inch diamond-cut machined aluminum wheels
- Heated, ventilated leather-appointed front seats
- Spray-on bedliner
- Driver Alert package